Plan a visit to the Paper Mill House!
The Paper Mill House Museum is located at 2 Paper Mill Road, at the corner of St. David’s Road and Paper Mill Road. It is home to the archives and historical documents of Newtown Township. Currently, the Museum is only open Sundays 1-4 PM in July and August.
Admission to the Museum is free (donations are accepted). Tours are generally self-guided, and a representative from the Historical Society is available to answer questions.
The Paper Mill House (c. 1770- oldest section) was a residence to workers of the numerous local mills along Darby Creek. The 4.5 acre property is owned by Newtown Township and managed by the Historical Society. The building was restored in the early 1980’s.
Museum Features by Floor
- Basement– meeting room, bathrooms, kitchen and reproduction colonial kitchen
- 1st Floor– reproductions of a colonial parlor & bedroom, the Society gift shop and reproduction 19th century general store.
- 2nd Floor– local history exhibits
- Attic Floor– office, storage and archives
More about the Paper Mill House Museum
- View pictures of inside the museum and a listing of some of the permanent collections
- Plan a tour
- Parking and direction information
- View a quick video Tour
- Delaware Ghost Hunters investigation results – PDF Report (from 2007)